2016 Volkswagen GTI Autobhan
Buying Process 👊🏻👊🏻https://www.vwsouthcharlotte.com
The VW team was knowledgeable about their products, and its superiority to everything in its class. Traded up from Kia Forte 5 turbo, and 258 ftlbs of torque from 195 , and the VW DSG (Dual Sequential gearbox)were just awesome upgrades. Typical, high pressure dealer franchise motivated buying process. Leased for $405 per month, 36 months, on $33k sticker after negotiating with 4 dealerships locally. In hindsight, they don’t lease that well.😫
The GTi Itself:
- Drives better than anything in its class. The turbo four combined with the DSG is fun, and very easy to pass most everything . Low end torque makes stop light acceleration a breeZe . Golf R is GOLD!
- Real world driving gas consumption is pretty good at 32 mpg highway.
- Pure and Simple. It’s a driver’s car. Small , nimble, ample interior space, adequate storage, tolerant ride & handling with great brembo brakes.
- Higher power assist steering for low speed with super tight turning radius , and more direct road feel at higher speed.
- Excellent interior finishes, with nice durable luxury seating
- UI works ok but Audi version is much better.
- added Apple car play and android auto
- spacious for exterior dimensions
- Bland exterior needs refreshing
- Small Infotainment screen 5.8” boring.
- Germans offer little safety tech without paying premium for each option
- No garage homelink standard in every car in this class
- no blind spot monitoring which is needed for the visibility on this rear window
Look to buy a 2017-18 and save yourself a solid $8-10k cos these drop pretty hard. Warranty’s only 3 years , 36,000 miles. Definitely buy extended warranty with these high repair costs. Fun, solid & well built little rocket. Make sure to get tech packages and it’s a keeper till the electric version debuts.